Sunday, May 11, 2014

Packing a Psychic Punch: Grey Knight Librarian

I remember the first time I read the "fluff" in the Warhammer 40,000 2nd edition rulebook concerning the Grey Knights.  I was completely mesmerized by the fact that these "holy" space marine warriors were genetically enhanced to combat the evils opposing humanity, especially regarding Daemons!

Immediately I went to work trying to acquire some, and tracked down an Inquisitor as well to round out these psychically attuned Daemon-baned warriors!  Needless to say, when nobody in my gaming group (back in the day) had an answer for Daemons, these guys brought in a whole new mechanic.  Chief among these warriors is their Librarian, who packs quite a wallop with almost 32 spells at his disposal, and for a few more points can kit him out pretty wickedly (including servo-skull stopping of scouting and infiltrating units!)

At any rate, this guy has been sitting on my shelf for far too long, collecting dust... so I decided to dust him off and finally get him painted.  Here is the frontal:

 
The filigree on the staff and loin cloth was a bit of a pain, but overall, I think he turned out pretty crazy cool!

Varying poses from the front.  I really like the dynamic, and especially like the manner in which he is handling the gun.

The back shows off the detail on his back, including the scroll work on the purity seals and the tomb on his shoulder.  Basing was pretty easily done, gluing down a base-on-base with some sand and rock sprinkled around... pretty cool result!
 
Vote for him at Cool Mini or Not!
 
Let me know what you think! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment